Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Main page Content

History

The Lakes Creek State School first opened on 1 October 1872 as a provisional school and closed again for a short period in 1874.  It re-opened on 21 May 1877, once again, as a provisional school. It was not until January, of 1895 that the Lakes Creek State School was opened on the site it now occupies. Since that time our buildings have multiplied and improved as well as the area of the grounds grown from 0.8 hectares to 5.3 hectares.